[Ansteorra-archery] Greetings and website

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Sat Nov 23 08:53:38 PST 2002

Pug Bainter wrote:

> > The recommendation from the guy who created and approved the design (Sir
> > Jon) was to drill a 15/16 hole.  You then drive the UHMW on with a dead-blow

(snip)

> .25" is 1/4 is 4/16
> 15/16 is almost 1"

He probably meant 15/64, which is 0.234375 inch, small enough for a
tight interference fit, but not too tight to assemble.

Assembly of such heads is *greatly* facilitated by lightly chamferring
the hole in the UHMW plastic with a countersink bit, even if you just
manually twist the countersink bit in the hole. This makes just a tiny
bit of a "funnel" and allows a bit of misalignment when assembling.
Alternatively, the end of the fiberglass shaft can be tapered, too, but
who needs all that flying fiberglass?

Sluggy!

--

Alice: Well, what's wrong with the dog?

Nathan: Simple: he's been licking his a**hole for the last three
straight hours. I submit to you that there is nothing there worth
more than an hour's attention and I should think that whatever he is
attempting to dislodge, is either gone for good... or there to stay.