[Ansteorra-archery] What are things that are keeping out Combat Archers of the field?

LD. BLACKMOON LD.BLACKMOON at GBRONLINE.COM
Tue Oct 15 10:13:38 PDT 2002

>But I have a greater chance of killing a Duke with my crossbow than with my
sword and shield despite less practice with the crossbow to date. His great
skills are not even an issue because I am out of range of those skills.

I understand your point, but it's like comparing  a dagger fighter to a
greatsword fighter.
they may both be great fighters with great skill, but if the dagger fighter
makes it past the greatswords guard , the greatsword dies 99% of the time .
I'm talking about the skill shots.
for most fighters , sword to sword , I would die.
but bow to bow, I have at least an 80% chance to walk away untouched.
with a sword they know how to do the skill shots.
with a bow the archer does .( or will if he practices ; }  )

>And a sufficient number of archers with a sufficient number of arrows could
quickly turn the tides of battle.

when it starts raining death almost everyone dies .
( saw a nice demo of that effect once .., fighters couldn't believe how many
died in so short of time )

BE SAFE , BE HAPPY , HAVE FUN
LD.BLACKMOON