[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Huntsman tourney questions

Jennifer Shipman djshipman at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 15 22:45:04 PDT 2002

Just wanted to post the answers to a couple of questions I've gotten about the tourney.

1)  Lord Oudeceus and I are working on scheduling the tourney so no one will have to choose between the battles and the tourney.  I want everyone that wants to to have the opportunity to participate in both.  More details on this as they become available.

2)  The combat portion will be against combat targets (advancing archer's duel).  The reason I am requiring protection is so no one gets their eye hit by a bounceback at minimum legal distance.  Let's face it, sometimes we get excited and pull back farther than intended.  ; )

3)  All I can say about loaner gear is that I borrowed combat arrows at the last Huntsman tourney and no one complained (that I know about).

4)  Yes, the tourney does require the presence of their Highnesses, whoever they may be.  Announcements made in court should hopefully get Crown tournament hopefuls thinking about their post-Crown schedules.  I will speak to their Highnesses at Crown to ensure that at least one of them can attend.

I'm typed out and going to bed now.  See you in the morning.

Moreg