[Ansteorra-archery] Just in thought

Angus de Botha kd5dst at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 19:17:56 PDT 2002

During a Gulf war, I too was hit. after I had yielded.
All I had was A Bow, and a Quiver of arrows. But
because of my size. I was struck. then I promptly got
into his face to advise him that I was an archer.
after that battle all bets were off. I was nocked if
any fighter got with in 10 feet of me with a raised
sword. Next time I participate as a combat archer, I
will have a sword and shield at the ready. the
replacement of purposefuly stomped on arrows. can get
rather expensive. I watched a fighter break arrows.
picking them up and break them. Question, If they say
that they cant feel the arrows, why not Amp up the
velocity Just a little more, or instead have a noise
maker when it hits the armor or make it stick/ mark
the target. Ignore most of what I have typed, unless
it makes you laugh. then laugh and forget it.
Angus...

=====
Lord Angus de Botha

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.   -F. Scott Fitzgerald