[Ansteorra-archery] What are things that are keeping outCombatArchers ofthe field?

GuyLestran at aol.com GuyLestran at aol.com
Fri Oct 18 21:42:24 PDT 2002

Maria,

To be effective,  Archers move forward with groups and work as close to the line as they are compfortable with.  However I'm sure people on this list can tell you a little more about the tactics then I can.  I just know what I like to see as a commander when I have an archer or two with my unit. I like both archers who are informed and picking their targets yet are also responsive to me should I need someone killed or surpressed.

Here is a prime example at Pennsic this year.  Our kingdom with a few others were working the end brindge this rear.  Some big sticks (a couple of dukes),  began to work our line over.  There was an archer close by so I grabbed him and sked him to start shooting at Duke number one,  who then begain to hide behind a shield and stopped killing people with his spear.  eventually he just turned around and went to another bridge, rather then get shot.  The other Duke did the same thing,  however, as he turned to walk bake thought he line he was shot in the back with an arrow. as we turned to walk away.

The kingdom needs as many archers as we can get on the field with all sorts of mond sets.  If you don't want to get the chance of getting hit,  then try and work the fairly static battles like the forts or the raivine,  if you see there is going to be a breakthough then just take yourself off the field or remove yourself form that area.

If we are going to let the few people people who break arrows and maybe hit people becase they are excited or don't see the red thingee,  then you are letting the blue meanies win, becuase they are keeping you from something that you want to do.

I think there is room for everyone on the field who wants to be a part of things.

In Service

Sir Guy