[Ansteorra-archery] What are things that are keeping out Combat Archers of the field?

Mike Catron meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Oct 15 08:58:59 PDT 2002

I have worked with two different fighting units which have a mixture of
weapons: sword and shields, spears, pole-arms, and great weapons. In
addition, two knights are part of those units.

I am now training with and do support a fighting unit called the
Condottieri, being lead by Hosey. We are based here in the Dallas/Fort
Worth area.

I have also gone to war events where I have been separated and wound up
supporting other units/heavy fighters. Just the nature of war.

I have not been attacked by my own side much least the unit and/or units
that I was supporting during this entire time.

Some PR about my weekly practice and where:

The Condottieri practices for melee or war events every Sunday in a city
park in Carrollton, named Mary Heads park. I practice combat archery
there as well. Have permission from the city to do so.

The practice will start with the fighters doing one on one and then
switch over to unit tactics. While the fighters are doing one on one, I
am doing various drills myself and/or working with other archers who
wish to train and learn how to support a Unit. Then when the unit
tactics start, I will join these fighters and continue to improve my
support of heavy fighters and my won fighting abilities on the field.

Michael of the Fray
Unit Combat Archer for the Condottieri