[Ansteorra-archery] What are things that are keeping outCombatArchers ofthe field?

Robinbowmaker at aol.com Robinbowmaker at aol.com
Sat Oct 19 04:05:57 PDT 2002

Maria, here are my thoughts on your situation; If you really areconcerned about getting hit then fall back and shoot from well behind the line. In my limited experience an archer only gets hit when he or she is in closed with other heavies who are getting charged. A lone archer by himself isn't as likely to get whacked. Furthermore, I really believe longer range archery is undersued in SCA combat archery. While most archers understand the principle of converging axis of shooting most do not appreciate the importance of converging trajectories. If you try this approach it may imcrease your enjoyment and provide you wtih a higher degree of safety
Robin