[Ansteorra-archery] Balder Blunts

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Sep 18 14:15:39 PDT 2002

Eadric Anstapa (eadric at scabrewer.com) said something that sounded like:
> 1.  Baldar Blunts are about 5 times as expensive as UHMW cored blunts.  You
> can find people who will make you whole combat ready arrows and bolts for not
> much more than what you can but just the Baldar Blunts for.
>
> 2.  Baldar blunts are only allowed on the Armored Combat field so if you ever
> hope to use the arrows or bolts in a rapier melee then dont use Baldars.

Both items are true. The benefit of baldar blunts on the heavy field is
that you don't have to worry about a marshal rejecting them for
construction. This is primarily important when going to InterKingdom
Wars where the rules may not be the same as Ansteorran.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And I ain't in it for the power
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   And I ain't in it for my health