[Ansteorra-archery] Help with Splitting a really BIG Osage Orange

Derek Wilson dwilson at dollar.com
Sun Sep 22 18:06:14 PDT 2002

No...I don't need you to help me split it I need help in figuring out HOW to
split it :-)

This is a question for all you bowyers with more experience than I. I spent
most of the day Sat. cutting down one of the biggest Osage orange I have
ever seen and ended up with a very nice trunk section in the 18-20 inches in
dia. range and 7 feet long. Anyone ever split one this big?  If so any
advice will be appreciated.

Diethelm "the overwhelmed" Waltorfer
Archery Marshal of Northkeep

Derek Wilson