[Ansteorra-archery] Range

Robinbowmaker@aol.com Robinbowmaker at aol.com
Tue Apr 22 15:43:57 PDT 2003

  Just to add more info. For me 125paces is right at 100 yards. I know this as there is a football field at a school where I practice my long shots. When I shoot I also count the paces to pick up the arrows. 45 yards is 60-65 paces for me. I know the  math doesn't seem to work but those results are consistant. I'm not so much concerend with maximum effetive range but maximum range total. How far can the bows of Ansteorra shoot? At what range can we open up on a large group of enemy with an expectaion that some of the arrows will drop into their ranks? Once we know this we can figure out how much time we can shoot like this before the enemy closes with us and we must move out of the way and let the shield wall do its thing. I'm just wondering.
Robin