[Ansteorra-archery] Arrow materials

Bobby Hyscher bob at breezykilt.com
Wed Apr 9 16:42:34 PDT 2003

I have just a quick comment/question regarding the usage of certain
materials in the arrows of combat archery.  If we are phasing out wood,
can't use carbon because they shatter and can't use fiberglass for the same
reason, why are spears ok with fiberglass?  Again, this may be WAY off base,
I am a relative newbie and I freely admit that I have much to learn.  The
only thing I can think of, frankly, is that if the society is forcing the
removal of, essentially, all materials for combat archery shafts, then they
must be trying to rid the known world of combat archery altogether?

Ting Ting.. there, my two cents in the can.
Cellach Ferguson
Vivat Namron