[Ansteorra-archery] New Combat Archery Rule affecting Egg Baldar Blunts

David Ruff dmruff1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 16:36:35 PDT 2003

i have shot a crossbow pulling about 512 in/lbs with
the marklands to about 85 paces. That is max range and
not accurate range. With marklands i get about 30 to
35 paces accurate, with the baldars it is the same
accuracy but you have to raise up abit. Max range i
would guess to be about 70 yards. Wood shaft arrows
with marklands it pretty impressive 40 to 45 paces
accurate, anything under 20 paces is dead with any
point on the missile. Altho i am not shooting combat
at the time this has been my experiance with the
combat shafts at the BoB's we have :) Crossbows are
going to be alot more accurate with combat shafts, the
new APD's we have to use fly great on bolts, do not
hit anything on release and seem to hit hard.

Ulrich