[Ansteorra-archery] Wooden Shafts for Combat Arrows and Bolts

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Apr 7 20:43:16 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Dewart" <gilli at hot.rr.com>

> There were some, however.  Lord Edward barrowed some of mine.  I
understand
> they flew much farther than the other types present.
>
> Wood arrows could be around for awhile.  Middleford has several hundred in
> its war chest.

Yes, there were some wooden arrows but as a percentage there were very few.
Actually I was pretty amazed after the ravine battle to see how drastic the
change was from last year.

I know wooden arrows will be around for a while since there are folks like
you that have stockpiles of them.  We don't have any sort of drop-dead date
in mind when they would not be allowed.

Once again, at this point we are just asking that no NEW wooden shafted
combat arrows be made.

Regards,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Kingdom Archery Marshal, Ansteorra