[Ansteorra-archery] New Combat Archery Rule affecting Egg Baldar Blunts

Robinbowmaker at aol.com Robinbowmaker at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 16:15:39 PDT 2003

  Thank you Eadric for your compliments about my UHMW heads. I'm glad I do something right for a change. For those who are interested I put the leather on the foam padding to reduce the likelihood of the padding slipping through the bars. I repair old heads by simply putting in more layers of foam and I worry that an inch and a half of foam on the end of the plastic may put the thing dangerously close to someone's snout if it compressed and slid through.
  Question 1: Where is the appropriate place to discuss primarily combat archery? This list or the missle list?
  Question 2: Has anyone taken the time to measure the average MAXIMUM range of a crossbow? I am curious. I have measured my maximum range with my longbow at 45-50 yards with fiberglass arrows and 75-80 yards with wooden arrows.
Robin