[Ansteorra-archery] Blunts for combat arrows.

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Aug 18 11:09:40 PDT 2003

Back from Pennsic and catching up on email...

This past April we put in place a policy of  No New Wooden Shafted Combat
Arrows or Bolts.  The paper you refer to is for use on wooden shafted combat
missiles (and is still accurate if wooden shafts are involved).  IF you
already have existing wooden shafted Combat Arrows or Bolts you may continue
to repair them (replace foam, add and repair APDs, re-tape shafts, etc.) but
you should NOT make any new wooden shafted Combat Arrows or bolts.

All new arrows and bolts should be fiberglass shafted and since Baldar
Blunts are not currently an option the blunts should be UHMW cored.
Directions for these are also on the web site.

On a related note I hope to have more AoB proceedings articles online soon.

Regards,

HL Eadric Anstapa
Kingdom Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
archery_marshal at ansteorra.org