[Ansteorra-archery] ANSTEORRAN ROYAL HUNTSMAN TOURNEY

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Dec 22 19:34:44 PST 2003

Greetings All,

The Royal Huntsman Tournament would not have been in the December Black Star because the venue had not yet been chosen until well after the submission deadline for the December Black Star.

An announcement is posted in the January Black Star in my missive. I discovered at the last moment that with the myriad of other things on their minds,  TRH forgot to include it in their missive and I was asked to announce it in the Black Star.  You will find it on page 11 of your January Black Star.

Likewise it was my understanding that the ad for the event was already put to bed.  I was/is my understanding that it would (and will) be included on the event web page.

As soon as we get a final decision on the tournament format we will post something more but as we have mentioned here before expect to format to be an elimination style tournament with varied rounds much like many of the other recent Royal Huntsman Tournaments.

Lastly, it is pretty much ALWAYS a pain getting the Royal Huntsman Tournament on the calendar.  Since I have been KAM (and often before) we have never had branches volunteer to host.  I always have to go out and start begging and find someone to host the tournament.  The tournament is not large enough to stand on it's own so it must be tacked on with some other event and of course whatever event it gets lumped in with must be able to accommodate an archery range.

Even when we do find a branch who are willing to host the tournament, like all of the other royal champion tournaments we must wait until the heirs are chosen and let them decide where they want to choose their champions.  This gives us very little time to get the tournament announced.  The winter RH tournament is particularly hard because the holiday season (and winter in general) is full of indoor feasting events most of which cant accommodate the large outdoor area needed for an archery range.

Wanna help? Start working/planning now to get your branch to put in bids for upcoming Royal Huntsman tournaments and the  Academy of the  Bow (likewise we have to go hunt down people to hold AoB).

Regards,

HL Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com