[Ansteorra-archery] AoB/ Royal Huntsman

Rumil Fletcher rumil at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 29 21:55:02 PDT 2003

>>From: "Harry Bilings" <humble_archer at hotmail.com>
>>To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
>>Subject: [Ansteorra-archery] AoB/ Royal Huntsman
>>Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 10:01:47 -0500
>>
>>What happened at AoB? Who is the new Royal Huntsman?
>>
>>plachoya
>>
>>humble archer
>>Ravens Fort Ansteorra

The new Royal Huntsman will be His Lordship Elric Dracwin, from the
Barony of Wiesenfeuer.

The combined Investiture of Lucais du Belier and the Academy of the
Bow had a reported attendance of about 390 people.  There were other
people present at the event from An Tir, Meredies, Calontir, and the
East Kingdom.  Feast (around 180 people) was sold out before the
event began.  Their Majesties gave out a number of awards in morning
court, then had to leave for an urgent  family matter.  Morning was
filled with well-attended classes.  We were visited by 12 young lads
from a nearby American Legion Home for young boys, who greatly
enjoyed the beginners class they took and in shooting arrows for the
first time.

The Royal Huntsman Tournament filled up the afternoon and was
presided over by Their Highnesses.  Much excellent archery was in the
air.  Several fine archers from Meridies showed us their skill.
After the fourth round, there were still a number of great archers
ready to serve their King and Queen as Royal Huntsman.  Then the
final elimination began.  To sum up, I will quote His Lordship Eadric
Anstapa (yes, he was made a companion of the Order of the Star of
Merit in morning court), "Home town boys done good!"  The final round
was between Earl Barn Silveraxe and His Lordship Elric Dracwin, with
Elric narrowly winning out.  Both are from the Barony of Wiesenfeuer.

Evening court first saw the awarding of several more awards,
including some new King's Archers, and the newest companion of the
Order of the Arcus Majoris.  Then we saw Countess Baroness Mistress
Katriona MacLochlain step down as Baroness of Wiesenfeuer, after
making her final awards.  This was followed by the Investiture of
Master Baron Lucais du Belier as the new Baron of Wiesenfeuer, who
raised his cup in salute to all the peoples of the Northern Region.

Rumil Fletcher