[Ansteorra-archery] Glaslyn Defender of the Flame

Lothar Wildehaer rampanthare at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 13:25:20 PST 2003

Just a reminder to all that Glaslyn will be choosing
their premier Archery Defender and Keeper this
weekend.
Come join us for a very unusal contest in which not
only does skill and ability count but also the grace
and chivalry of the archers.  Remember the Ladies of
Glaslyn will choosing the Keeper. (they do accept
bribes but you have to know who they are)

The tourney begins at 9 a.m. sharp Saturday morning
and will be over in time for the archers to enjoy the
rapier and chivalric contests.

 Does your honor come from the strength of your arm or
the strength of your heart? We seek strong heroes to
defend our Canton. How many foemen can you withstand?
Come enjoy our Hero’s Tournament and see how many you
can fight at once.

The populace of Glaslyn wishes to invite all to attend
their Defender of the Flame event to take place on
March 28-30 at the LBJ National Grasslands in Alvord,
Texas. Site opens Friday at 5:00 p.m. and closes Noon
Sunday.

Chivalric, Rapier & Archery Defender of the Flame will
fight for the title in addition to the Keepers of the
Flame to be chosen by the ladies of Glaslyn. Siege
weapon showing will also take place.

$8 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12 and children
5 years old and under are free with a family max of
$24. A surcharge of $3 will be added for adult
non-members. Checks to be made out to SCA, Inc./Canton
of
Glaslyn.

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal
guardian. They may also attend with a 21 year or older
adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver
Form from the parents. Pets are not allowed. Site is
primitive, bring your own water. Site is wet in period
containers. If you have any questions or have special
needs, feel free to contact the event steward.

Steward
Master Airaklee Wolf
mka: Doug Turnage
2619 Robinwood Lane
Denton, TX 76209
Email: Wolf7777777 at hotmail.com
Phone: 940-243-9912

Directions to Site:
Take your best route to Hwy 287 and proceed to Alvord,
Tx.
Go to Business 287, then head east on Farm Road. 1655.
Next turn right on Roberts Road.
Then turn right on Parker Road.
Immediately turn left into the campsite (Valleyview
Area), look for the windmill.

YIS
Lady Roana FitzStephen
Scribe to Lothar Wildehaer