[Ansteorra-archery] Fw: Directions

Jennifer Shipman djshipman at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 21 13:03:35 PST 2003

For those of you looking for one last archery tournament, here it is!

Moreg

Unto All good Gentles of Ansteorra:

It is time once again for the Hunter's Moon tourney in Emerald Keep.   The day has been packed with activities for most everyone.  There will be chivalric and rapier fighting, archery (a chance to get that last score in), live steel, and much camaraderie.

Armour Inspection for the Chiv tournament will begin at 9:30.  Tourney style will depend on the number of entrants.  Armour inspection for the rapier tourney will begin at 12:00.

There will be rapier melees and war practice after the rapier tourney.  I urge all rapier fighters to come and prepare for war.  If you are not able to go to war this year, this is your chance to help those who are by coming out and playing.

The event is a day event.  Site opens at 8am and closes at 11pm.  Site fee is $10, and includes sideboard served from 3-6 pm.

The site is the lovely Camp Val Verde.  Directions follow.

>From Dallas:  Take I-35 south to Waco, Take the Hwy.6 exit (going west towards Meridian), Take the Hwy. 84 Exit (South).....

>From Austin:  Take I-35 North to Waco, Take the Hwy.6 exit (going west towards Meridian), Take the Hwy. 84 Exit (South).....

Continue on 84 south until you come to Val Verde Rd.  (there will be signs along the way).  Take a right on Val Verde Rd.  Stay on the black top until you get to a T intersection (There is a dirt road that goes off to the right, don't take it.)  Turn right when you get to the big sign that says "Camp Val Verde".  Turn left into the big gate and follow the signs.

I hope to see everyong Saturday.

Don Edward Mercer