[Ansteorra-archery] TASSELS ??

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Tue Nov 11 13:42:06 PST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:28:36 -0400 "Adam Edwards"
<wilim.penbras at pandora.org> writes:

> Anywho,  to make a long story even longer, the system was setup by
> archers
> for archers and is run by archers.  (that'd be y'all... show some
> e-nishative.  Y'all are actin' like Canadians waiting for a handout
> from on
> high.)

On behalf of the good Ladies of House Arkham I would
defend their forlorn effort as not only having taken the
initiative but action as well to create tassels not just for
the archers of their own household but every archer
holding a ranking within the royal rounds of the kingdom.
They did the research, gathered and bought the materials &
assembled tassels over several weekends and presented
these finished archer's tassels to the keeper of the royal
rounds for distribution.

They did this courtesy for our archers to promote a sense
of personal pride in being Ansteorran archers with the
addition of an accessory to display upon personal costume
to identify themselves as archers & note their skill.
Unfortunately these tassels have never been seen again!

This was very disappointing not only for the Ladies whom
went to the time, effort, and expense to make these icons
but for those archers who were expecting to receive their
archer's tassel as well, the offering was no secret.

No one more than myself understands that "things happen"
and I know we're all very busy but it has been a couple of
years now since said archer's tassels were delivered, could our
keepers of the royal rounds possibly locate whatever garage
or closet these archers tassels came to rest within and get
them distributed to the kingdom's participating royal round
archers, please?

It has been so long that many archers's rankings have changed
but I would send them out anyway.  Those archer's may pass
the tassel down to their fellow archers or use it as a pattern
to remake themselves a correct one.

I would further suggest the tassels be passed to our archer's
local branch archery marshal through the regional archery
marshals for distribution.  After all it is to both their
benefit and that of the kingdom to promote archery within
their prospective regions & local branches.

So, to you keepers of the royal rounds both past & present,
let's please take some initiative and get this ball rolling again,
It's laid in your court far to long guys!

Pardon my boot,

Ironwyrm