[Ansteorra-archery] TASSELS ??

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 18:38:51 PST 2003

Actually, YES.  A few people missed the whole point of the competition.
That it was just that, a COMPETITION.  It was not a realistic war practice
any more than any Army rifle range.  The purpose of both is to gain
proficiency in hitting the target.  The last several times I've seen that
part of the Royal Huntsman competition the participants could have used lots
of IKCAC practice.

Perhaps they were small changes to those who didn't shoot the competition
and who still don't.  A number of people, me included, had several hundred
dollars worth of that "competition" equipment.  And with a few stokes on the
keyboard, they became worthless.  I threw mine away since it wasn't good for
anything else.

The same sort of thing happened a few years back.  The Society Earl Marshal
at the time basically gutted the crossbows on poundage.  By the time sanity
returned to the marshallate the damage was done.  The crossbowman from the
West and Caid haven't shot a bolt in IKCAC since.  However, the good side of
that was that was when Ansteorra went from always 3rd place, to First Place
in the IKCAC.

Gilli
Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.