[Ansteorra-archery] Archery Shoot at Middleford

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 17:07:39 PDT 2003

Greetings and Hi There,

It was a glorious weekend indeed.  Going into the weekend the Kingdom was
sitting in one of the most dismal performance situation that I have seen in
a long time (in regards to IKAC and IKCAC ONLY!!!!!!!!!THIS DOES NOT APPLY
TO ANY OTHER POSSIBLE SITUATION, ANY WHERE).Until this weekend, we still
didn't have enough scores to have an average in Open Crossbow, Period Bow,
Period Crossbow or IKCAC and we are in 10th out of 14 in the Open Bow.  To
say we had our work cut out for would be a bit of an understatement.

Well here's how it ended up.  We consolidated our efforts on the areas we
felt we could do the most good the quickest.

Middleford (and therefore Ansteorra) is now 3rd in the Known World in Period
Bow division with a 158 from Ld. Robert of Yorkshire, 148 from HL Gilbert
Ost Westley (sorry Plachoya), and a 140 from Ld Edward Mac Tavish.

Ansteorra is now 2nd in the Period Crossbow with a 264 from HL Roger Bagley,
150 from Ld Edward MacTavish (his first time for the crossbow!!), and a 38
from Ld Jacques the Spink. This division could turn into a real dog fight at
the end of the season.  Both Atlantia and the Midrealm have 300+ scores but
not yet enough for an average.

While we didn't raise our standing in the Open Crossbow division, because we
still don't have 3 archers with scores, HL.  Roger Bagley did improve our
position by raising his previous 181 to 223.

Our saving grace on the IKCAC is that NO ONE --- ANYWHERE has sent in any
scores.  We will; however, be sending in score before the end of the season.
I'm confident we'll make it FIVE years in a row!!

In addition to the shooting, we had a pot luck feast Saturday night.  And we
feasted again on the leftovers Sunday afternoon.

The next shoot we will be doing is Archer's Revel which is the weekend after
Thanksgiving and the last weekend of the season.  Stay tuned for more info
on Archer's Revel in the Nov. Black Star and right here on line.

Gilli
Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.