[Ansteorra-archery] Archery/Equestrian field setup

jspinks at ix.netcom.com jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 30 14:39:26 PDT 2003

Well spoken Milord and thankyou for the clarification.

I cannot speak for the Elfsea event but on a previous event- the large flat area you mention was considered for archery but as you note- was too small and also contains a slight rise and depression resulting in a blind spot.  I believe the view from the equestrian folks was that it was too far away from everything else and they did not wish to be that far out.  I was considering suggesting it again in future events that I might be involved in there for equestrian activity simply due to the difference in numbers I noted at the last event- 6 or so equestrians vs 40+ archers/live steel and the relative risk of heat illness in the warmer months for long walks to competition fields.

Jacque the Spink