[Ansteorra-archery] Ansteorran archery events last weekend:

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Apr 19 11:08:54 PDT 2004

ironwyrm at juno.com said:

> There was at least a couple of archery events held last weekend in
> Ansteorra, I didn't get to go, but does anyone know whom the
> winners were?
>
> Ironwyrm

The Stargate tournament was smaller than it has been in years past.
 There were only 15 participants.  We had a nice tournament with HL
Moreg serving as the Marshal in Charge and I think everyone had a
good time.  There was plenty of time for Royal Rounds and IKACs
before and after the tournament.  I know there were good number of
RR scores but I am unsure if there were any IKAC scores recorded.

Baron Talmon once again proved that when the shoot is unusual or
unexpected you gotta watch out for him.  He defeated HL Fearghus in
the first round.

Miguel de la Treb from Stargate was shooting very well with his
crossbow and in his first ever archery tournament found himself as
one of the last two undefeated archers.

Lord Carluccio and HL Plachoya also shot well and gave everyone that
they faced a run for their money.

Master Pug found himself the victim of an equipment failure with his
crossbow and was unable to compete effectively.  The bolt/pin that
held the tickler/trigger in place was lost and a suitable
replacement could not be found on site.

HL Fearghus as always showed himself to be a fierce competitor.  He
recovered from his first round loss to Baron Talmon to come back and
faced Ricardo the Wanderer from Bryn Gwlad in the final round of the
tournament.

Ricardo the Wanderer shot very well all day long.  For those who do
not know him, he is a fine archer and a mundane archery competitor
and archery coach.

At the end of the tournament Ricardo was undefeated and was greeted
by Baron Godwin as the new Archery Champion for the Barony of Stargate.

Baron Godwin also recognized Master Pug for his excellent service as
as his archery champion over the past 18 or 19 months.  He pointed
out that Master Pug made a great effort of attending Stargate events
to stand in court as Baron Godwins champion and that he also made a
point of standing with Baron Godwin on the melee field both
in-kingdom and at Gulf War and Pennsic.

Thank you to everyone who participated and made it a fun day of
archery and congrats to Ricardo for a fine win.

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra