[Ansteorra-archery] Need At Least Two More Kids

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Tue Apr 20 11:01:14 PDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:57:10 -0500 "Bob Dewart" <gilli at hot.rr.com>
writes:

> So, what kind of IKCAC scores are you all getting?

Not very good scores in those kind of winds!

Greylond's combat arrows couldn't even reach the target at 40
yd's before they would lose energy and drop (sometimes even
losing ground).  I used crossbow and didn't even take proper aim
at that distance but shot from the hip with a high arc just to get
the combat bolts out there (kind of mortar dropped them in).

"Bob" our combat archery target (not to be confused "headless
Bob" our other target) was tilted back almost 45 degrees just to
keep him standing in the strong wind.  Greylond will have to
chime in for the exact scores, I didn't even take note because the
wind was so bad, but at least we were out there doing an IKCAC
(got to start sometime).

Our Steppes archery marshal almost canceled our static shoot
because of the wind.  The Eastfield archery range is known for
it's strong southerly breeze (as you can tell from the permanently
bent trees), but it was really strong last Sunday.

Oh well, weather permitting we'll be out there again next Sunday
lofting shafts, or maybe flying kites!

Ironwyrm

PS: On the upside, Jacques made the Steppes some new wooden
stands for the larger size straw archery butts that stayed solid an a
rock during the whole windy practice.