[Ansteorra-archery] How old?

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu Apr 29 21:48:26 PDT 2004

Bob Dewart wrote

>None of that is the problem.  The problem comes in from the Catch 22 that
>the marshallate has impossed on itself.
>
>If the system was changed just a little to acomadate this, we might find a
>host of combat archers.

It's not a catch 22 that the marshallate has imposed on itself.  There
are a host of mundane legal issues involved that have been examined by
attorneys on more than one occasion.  Even if we decided that we could
as marshals and officers responsibly allow youth combat archers on the
field with adults there would be informed adults who would not take the
field with them.

On the other hand I dont see any reason that there shouldn't be some
form of CA in youth combat.

Now, this isn't really the proper forum to discuss this if you want to
try and change some of this.  There is a missile combat list, an
Ansteorran Marshallate list, and a Youth Combat list (likely the best
place) where these discussions more appropriately belong.

Remember that we can look at SCA rules sets all we want, but the issues
in the past have arisen due to mundane legal concerns

Regards,
--

HL Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra