[Ansteorra-archery] Pomp and Ceremony

Elric Dracwin dracwin at coxinet.net
Tue Feb 17 13:54:23 PST 2004

I think more pomp and ceremony would be a good thing. I like the honor
shields, heralding et al. that I have experienced on the Rapier field. It
will not affect the likelihood of my participation. I think it will enhance
the prestige of our archers. If we want more archers we need to make archery
look fun and a little glamorous.

I was in the archery tournament of which Ironwrym spoke. It was advertised
as a "Royalty Shoot". You had to be sponsored by a member of the royalty to
enter. It was a glorious spectacle. Doing the honor shields may not be
common for a period archery tournament but we will probably find the general
hoopla was.

Elric Dracwin