[Ansteorra-archery] Pomp and Ceremony

Rumil Fletcher rumil at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 22 07:40:36 PST 2004

>Bob Dewart wrote:
>
>>But it may still be possible to have a Consultaion Table at AoB if we
>>request it from the Kingdom Herald.  So I guess, that should be done, if we
>>really want one, by the Kingdom Archery Marshal.
>>

>Huh?  I'll be happy to request it if the autocrat of the event asks
>me to, but that's not part of the KAMs or any other archery marshals
>job description.  It has essentially nothing to do with archery or
>the administration of the marshallate.  It has no more to do with
>archery than the feast that feeds the archers after the tournament
>and as KAM I don't plan on telling the autocrats of archery events
>what the feast menu should be or who the feast stewards should be.
>Any autocrat of any event can make the request to the college of
>heralds to have a consultation table at their event.  Or better yet,
>the local herald of the hosting branch can work with the college of
>heralds to provide the needed heraldic services at the event they
>sponsor.  It IS part of the heralds job description.
>
>Regards,
>
>HL Eadric Anstapa
>eadric at scabrewer.com

I agree with Eadric.  This falls under the purview of the autocrat.

However, before the autocrat asks for a consultation table at his or
her event, he should be quite sure there is a real need.  There
should be at least a few  people who will be at that event that want
to meet with a heraldic consultant and are ready to go forward with
the process.  Otherwise, it is not worth the hassle of hauling all
those books and paperwork around if no one is going to use the
service.

Rumil