[Ansteorra-archery] Pomp and Ceremony

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Tue Feb 17 14:59:18 PST 2004

That's an easy question(s), my most memorable SCA
archery event ever I didn't win, place, or show in.  It
was an archery tournament held by the Barony of
Elfsea on the Canton First Monday site.

Archers were called forward and announced by heralds,
introduced to their Excellences & assembled spectators.
Contestants were encouraged to display their heraldry &
keep to period costuming, great deal of attention was
focused on the archery contest and how it progressed.
Banners were flying all around the field, the crowd
cheered or moaned with each contestant's shot,
excitement just filled the air.  It was great fun to attend,
participate in, or just behold that event!

I remember saying to someone during the shoot "now
this is how a medieval archery tournament should feel".

OK, I digress, just pencil me in for more Pomp &
Ceremony at Royal Huntsman tournaments and let's
say I would go much further out of my way to attend
any branch's or group's archery tournament whom
paid that type of attention to P & C during their
archery tournaments.  Half the fun is watching the
show!

YIS,

Ironwyrm

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:48:53 -0600 "Bob Dewart" <gilli at hot.rr.com>