[Ansteorra-archery] Pomp and Ceremony

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Feb 17 13:20:24 PST 2004

I think I largely agree with Annabelle.  More popmp and cermoney
would be nice IF the event can accomodate it without too much
trouble.  For Royal Huntsman Tournaments that are combined with the
AoB it should be doable but for the winmder AoBs where we often just
struggle to get the event on the calendar at held during an
otherwise busy day, it might be tough.

We need to remember that as always how much Pomp and Ceremony is
ultimately up to the Royals present.  If they dont want to see that
kinda stuff and just want us to commence to shooting, then that is
what we do.

We should also remember that when you see the Processionals, Orders
of March, honor shields, etc. that they are trying to recreate a
specific type and elements of armored combat tournaments held in
period.  I am not sure those things fit with or are appropriate if
we are trying to recreate a period archery torunament.  May be we
need to research what type of pomp and ceremony happed in/at period
archery tournaments.

Still more hoopla would be nice but what would really be nice is
more people in attendance and more people shooting.  The amount of
hoopla will not effect my level of participation

Annabelle please remember that everybody who shoots is a winner if
for no other reason than our very presence and numbers illustrates
the strength and numbers of the archery community to the crown. (or
lack of same)

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa