[Ansteorra-archery] Pomp and Ceremony

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 19:25:00 PST 2004

Some of the problems I've heard so far.

1.  P)  We'd be too much like the heavies.
    S)  We're already like the heavies by doing head to head shoots.

2. P)  There's a lack of heralds.
    S)  There's always at least one herald calling the pairing.  Write all
the "holder of this and that" on the card.  Herald reads the stuff for the
first pairing sets only.

3. P)  The event might be too busy.
    S).  The archers are almost always off by themselves.  We are our
audiance.  If the Highes or Crown can' be there, the archers can be
presented to the Marshal in Charge.  And not just for RH but every time we
have a competition.  IMHO we need to improve how we do things, even if no
one else is watching.

4.  P)  Might not be period.
    S)  Where do I start here.  Let's just do this.  For the competition to
be period, one of the things needed is period tackle.  As near as I can
tell, that would be a pretty small competition.

Gilli
Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.