[Ansteorra-archery] Pomp and Ceremony

Rumil Fletcher rumil at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 18 07:47:13 PST 2004

>Why? What's wrong with someone coming in with a white banner or
>sheild. Yes there might be more than one of them, but there is no
>reason that one would have to have a 'registered' name to
>participate. One could also be represented by the arms of one's
>sponsor. It might be very interesting to watch the progress of those
>'whites' as they reach higher levels of expertise and eventually
>find their names and register them along with their devices.
>
>Linet

I don't think there is anything wrong with that.  That is the way
honor shields usually are used.  Of course, the primary place honor
shields are used is Crown Tourney, and you are expected to "play the
game right" if you are competing there, which means you really ought
to have a name and device passed.

My main problem with white banners is that there are likely to be so
many of them.  If it were just a few, no problem.  But if it is more
like 2/3 of everyone there, then people are likely to ask what the
point is.

This might be a good time to display those archery tassels too,
hanging from your banner or banner pole somewhere.

Rumil