[Ansteorra-archery] Pomp and Ceremony

David Ruff dmruff1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 19:23:14 PST 2004

Going out on a limb here since i have been so silents
these past months, but looking at the question here is
my two cents.

I think it would be very cool to see formal
introductions via haralds in all aspects of the arts.
I am certainally no historian, but i would think
people would want to see thier favorite fighter,
archer, rapier, rider (insert event here) announced
coming in. It would give haralds good practice to
harald and be silly - thats why i like hearing haralds
atleast <--- silly part. It would give people who do
not know who people are a chance to see who is who.
After all, people like cerimony, they like attention
by nature and the show involved can/might draw more
people to the event.

Who here that saw Knights Tale did not love the harald
and his sillyness? Bad referance to what the SCA does
- but think about it.

Just my odd ball opinion :)

David