[Ansteorra-archery] IKAC & IKCAC Medalions

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Jan 26 12:36:04 PST 2004

middleford archer <middlefordarcher at yahoo.com> said:

> Top of the morning to ya,
>
>     Just my two cents, I think we might want to have
> it in a more southern area. It just seams that we have
> had a lot of the the larger archery events up there
> recently.
>
> Ld Edward MacTavish

Up there?  Up Where?

The last Royal Huntsman and AoB were in the Northern Region but that
was absolutely the first time the Royal Huntsman had been in the
Northern Region.

For the record the Northern Region as hosted the RH tourney once,
the, the Coastal Region once, the Western Region once, the Southern
Region once, and the Central Region four times.  It is the Central
region has hosted the RH as often as al lthe others combined.

I don't know the entire history of the the AoB  but it had certainly
been a long time since the AoB had been to the North.  Tbe past AoB
was i nthe North, he last was Costal, the previous Central, and  the
previous was in Southern.

As far as the larger archery events outside of AoB and RH, they dont
come out of the North.  The come out of the Central Region with
Coastal typically following and then Southern.

Now as far as awarding IKAC/IKCAC Medallions and RR Tassells go, I
have always thought that they should best-case happen close to where
the archer who earned them lives.  Have it in a court close to home
so that all his/her friends and neighbors are there to see him
acknowledges.  Just lile any other award scroll or regalia the
mesals and tassells can go to near the archer.

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa
Ansteorra