[Ansteorra-archery] Target Backstop

Talmon Parker tt_ann at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:22:22 PST 2004

   Lord Elric:     does the 30 ft have to be one piece? if not I have tried
to explain the method we use at my house before. We use 2 layers of
carpet{without rubber backing} on 3/4 electric conduit.We use frames made
from 2 joints of conduit Cut at 45 degrees and welded back to getherto give
a right angle,Highth to suit you. then one conector in the middle. 2 pieces
of 1/2 "
rebar about 4 foot long driven into the ground about 1 foot. then go to your
local carpet co. and ask for his old carpet. Since most roooms are about 12
feet at least oneway and 6 feet is about half that, you can get pieces that
are 6x12 and hang very nicely on the frame. 4 tent stakes with guy lines
will keep it steady enough to retrieve your arrows without pulling it over.
a small cheap clamp keeps it from sliding around ,Make as many as you need.
8 feet may not be a good higth for this target stop. We use 6' and it works
fine plus we can move them quickly at the end of the shooting.

                                   Hope this helps....Talmon

              DER BARON