[Ansteorra-archery] IKAC SCORES UPDATE

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Jun 2 11:56:35 PDT 2004

Bob Dewart <gilli at hot.rr.com> said:

> Since we got the house last year at about the time we'd normally
> shoot the IKCAC, I didn't go check the lastest ruligs.  But, are
> wood combat arrows, if you still have them, still legal?  Or have
> they finally expired?  I couldn't remember if there was a cut off
> date on them or not.
>
> I still have some of those old Ansteorran War Arrows.

Wooden shafts are still allowed by the SCA Combat Archery rules so
they are still allwed in the IKCAC.  However, since 2003 they must
have 1.25" heads on the and APDs.

In Ansteorra and many other Kingdoms like Meridies, Trimaris, etc.
we are actually trying to get ahead of the CA power curve.
Therefore,  a little over a year ago we said "No NEW wooden shafted
Combat Arrows or Bolts.".  If you still have combat legal wooden
shafted arrows and bolts then by all means use them.  Just dont
build any new ones.

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa