[Ansteorra-archery] Students

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 15:15:36 PST 2004

My 1 1/2 cents worth, Yeoman is good, Ranger is good, I prefer Yeoman. I'm
aware that we have a Royal Round ranking of Yeoman already. To me a very simple
fix that shouldn't aggravate too many folks would be to change the RR "Yeoman"
to Ranger, and just call the Arcus students Yeomen.

As we've seen, to ask most folks to define exactly what a "Yeoman" is, is to
invite a lengthy discussion. However, even most mundanes are vaguely familiar
with the term, and in a medieval context will invariably connect it in some
way with archery. If the shoe fits, et cetera, et al...........

Lord Robert of Yorkshire
Humble something or another to HL Gilbert Ost Wesley