[Ansteorra-archery] The naming of Arcus Majoris students...

Lothar Wildehaer rampanthare at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 11:12:33 PST 2004

Gentleman,
I believe that the "students" of an Arcus would be
seen the same as a Centurians "men at arms". Though in
period this also referred to mercs under hire. You are
trying to find a unique name for a common position. I
think that you should instead use a more common word
and elevate its meaning. May I suggest that each Arcus
seek to create his "company of bowmen" or similar.

Just the thought.

--- Pug Bainter <pug at pug.net> wrote:
> LD.BLACKMOON (ld.blackmoon at gbronline.com) said
> something that sounded like:
> > HOW ABOUT   " FLETCHLING "  ????
> > SORRY , COULDN'T RESIST ... I KNOW THAT'S NOT THE
> IMAGE YOU SEEK .
>
> I figured Arcus Minimus wasn't the right image
> either. *grin*
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And I ain't in it for the
> power
> Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   And I ain't in it for my
> health
> Dark Horde Moritu      |   I ain't in it for the
> glory of anything at all
> pug at pug.net            |   And I sure ain't in it
> for the wealth" --Meatloaf
>   Note: The views do not reflect the SCA nor the
> Kingdom of Ansteorra.

=====
In service,
Lothar
Aliena Optimun Frui Insania
(It's a good thing to profit by the madness of others.)