[Ansteorra-archery] Youth Archery Division?

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Mon May 3 18:55:54 PDT 2004

  There have been valid points raised on both sides of this one, so I'll try
not to muddy the water too much. Still, I would like to make a couple of
objective observations. First, it strikes me quite reasonable to conclude that if
teens had more opportunity to compete against their peers, more teens would be
attracted to participate in archery. Second, teens, at least in my experience,
quickly lose interest in enterprises that have low probability of success. By
yanking them from the shallow end of the pool, and tossing them directly into
the deep end, with nothing in between, how can they not become intimidated
and discouraged? I know I would be.
  Would adding a division for the "in-betweeners" increase the workload of a
lot of good folks that are already doing their best? Yes of course, how could
it not? I suppose the question at hand then is are our young people worth the
extra effort? If it should come to vote, my vote would be yes.

Yours in Service,
Robert of Yorkshire