[Ansteorra-archery] Youth Archery Division

Ron Bentley whitewolf at sabinenet.com
Mon May 3 07:45:48 PDT 2004

Susan, I understand what you are saying but as an archery marshal I don't
want
to run a shoot with a division with just one or two archers shooting
due to their level of shooing, because of their lack of not wanting to
practice.
That is not far to the marshal in charge, or to the other archers that are
waiting
to shot that will practice on a regular routine. If we add a division for
Novice than
we are going to need to add more divisions for other class shooters like,
Masters, Elite, and ect.

My son's are 13 and 15 and have been shooting for a number of years.
They love to shoot but not to practice, and the same for me. My 15 year old
had to
shoot against a girl his age for two years that was ranked 6th at World
Competition
and 1st in their youth division at State.  Needless to say he hated shooting
with her, but he
got over it after he realized that she spent more time on the range in one
month than he
did in a single year. She now shots in the Women's Elite Division and she
will also shoot
in the Men's Masters Division where most of the men hate shooting against
her.

Three days before an event with archery my sons are in the backyard
shooting.  Go to
the event and will shoot poorly and complain about their scores.  The reply
they get from me
is, "you should have practice more and not just before the shot".  I get in
"I know dad" almost
every time.

Don't get me wrong, I am very proud of my sons and their skills as archers.
For they have a
wall of Medals, Plaques, trophies, and scrolls that they have won in the
past.

My son's are the reason I spend hours with kids at all the archery shoots
that I
marshal.  I don't care about their level shooting just as long as they are
shooting
and having fun at the same time.

When it comes to archery, I have a differnent out look than most archerys.
I want
to have fun.  I myself don't care about scores, that is way I have no IKAC
scores listed.

Aaron