[Ansteorra-archery] Re: Youth Archery: Slight change in subject

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu May 6 08:00:35 PDT 2004

Harry Bilings <humble_archer at hotmail.com> said:

> You might want to be careful with the 4 - H er's. There are some \
> in B/CS that can shoot with our best. They are "just" 4 - Her's ,
> but last summer one of the top archers in the US sot with they
> for two or three weeks so they know what the really good archers
> can do and are not afraid of them.
> plachoya

Some of the 4H JOAD (Junior Olympic Archery Division) archers are
outstandinding archers.  It's a great program that really does a
great job of developing the archers of our nation.

As Aaron Whitewolf noted earlier, his teenage boys are also
outstanding due to their participation in their local archery
club.  When his kids are in practice 3/4 of the adult archers in
this kingdom would likely loose to them particularly on a 3D shoot
which they have more experience with than most SCA archers.

Like I said earlier, for a privately run competition you can do
anything ya want.  If a sponsoring group wants to, they can be as
granular as they want and break the competition divisoons down as
far as they want.  However, my experience has taught me to never
take a 14 -18 year old archer for granted, particularly if they
show up with their own equipment.

-EA