[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds - Youth?

iaenmor iaenmor at swbell.net
Wed May 12 19:39:04 PDT 2004

<snip> HE COULD TRY TO IMPRESS EVERYONE BY WEARING BOTH RED TASSELS .
> BUT HONESTLY , BY THE RULES , HE SHOULD ONLY BE WEARING THE RED TASSEL /
> BLUE KNOT,
> AND THE BLACK TASSEL / RED KNOT. <end snip>
Actually he can.  Once a rank/tassel has been EARNED it is yours forever.
You may wear a current tassel if you desire or wear the highest tassel
obtained.  The original idea was to keep track of how the archers in the
kingdom were doing and to award/give them and others an idea of how they
were progressing.  People do not always maintain the same amount of interest
in what they are doing over time.   Myself as an example;  In the last year
and half or so I have gained more interest in Combat Archery so I do not
shoot Target Archery near as much as I used to.  That does not mean that I
still don't have a interest, just have gone on to a different form of
archery.  Now saying that I have earned the ranks and still have the right
to wear them even if they are not current.
As time goes by we are finding some things were left out of the rules on the
webpage and are updated as it goes.  This is one of those times.
Iaen Mor
Gate's Edge
Ansteorra
Coastal Region Archery Marshal