[Ansteorra-archery] Royal Rounds - Youth?

Rumil Fletcher rumil at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 12 22:23:42 PDT 2004

I strongly disagree.  I make archery recommendations based partially
on the quality of shooting, but also on craftsmanship and/or service
to the Ansteorran archery community.  Moreover, I don't think that a
RR score is the definitive way to measure a person's ability to
shoot.  It is possible, even probable, that an archer could
concentrate on RR scores to the exclusion of all else, and become a
great RR shot, but lousy at all other formats.  Better to become
acquainted with the person, see how they shoot under different
circumstances, then decide.   Besides, we already have honors for
best shot.  They are called tournament championships.

Archery awards, like all awards, should be based on an overall
evaluation of the person's contribution to this game.  I submit that
even a person's bearing and good example will factor into my
recommendations for some awards.

Master Rumil Fletcher