[Ansteorra-archery] Combat Crossbow Investigations

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Sat Oct 16 11:49:50 PDT 2004

Good Morning,

  In order for the different archers and marshal to hear it directly from
  me and not through the rumor mill, I'd like folks to know that at the
  Society level there are investigations going into combat crossbows due
  to some perceived problems.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

In light of some concerns, the Society Earl Marshal is currently reviewing
the allowed specifications for crossbows used in SCA armored combat. The
DSEMCA, HL Eadric Anstapa, and the different Kingdom DEM's have put
together a focus group to look into this matter, determine what may be
causing these problems, and suggest possible solutions if problems are
indeed present.

HL Eadric Anstapa
Deputy Society Earl Marshal for Combat Archery
eadric at scabrewer.com

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

  This is being taken very seriously and we are trying to properly
  identify the problems so we understand the correct action to take.
  At this time there are no recomendations but a lot of speculations.

  As we get closer to a recommendation I will be sharing it with the
  appropriate Marshals within the Kingdom. When we get to a decision it
  will be shared with everyone as quickly as possible.

In Service
Master Phelim Gervase called Pug
Acting Kingdom Archery Marshal

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "If you don't worry 'bout the future
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   sooner or later it's the past