[Ansteorra-archery] The rainbow is here

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:27:19 PDT 2004

Because he has made the choice, it has nothing to do with what we adults are
making him do. He WANTS to shoot this way and if by forcing him to only
shoot shorter distances we cause him to loose his enthusiasm, then we are
losing a good archer before he starts. Why hold them back if they have the
ability, the enthusiasm, the desire, and are having fun. He is also learning
humility, honor, perseverence, and grace which are major tenants of the SCA.
We are proud of what he is doing and accomplishing. If he should decide that
he wants to slow down, we will, by all means make allowances for that, but
so long as he is having fun at what he is doing and is learning and making
progress, why should we hold him back. Being an archer is a whole lot more
than high scores. This young man will be a force to be reckoned with, at the
pace he chooses.

Linet