[Ansteorra-archery] Steppes Warlord XXXII

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:52:14 PDT 2005

Unto all the Citizens of Ansteorra, most especially the Archers and friends
of Archery do I send greetings and these tidings.

Warlord Cometh!!!!

Memorial Day weekend, May 28-30, 2005, brings the Thirty-second Steppes
Warlord in Canton, TX. This year we have not just one, or two, or even three
archery competitions, but FIVE (5) for all skill levels and ages.

On Saturday we will have the William Tell shoot which is always
entertaining, closely followed by the Bowman's Tournament. This competition
is for archers who have Royal Round averages of 44 or less and have never
won a tournament. For those who have not got a RR average, we depend on
one's sense of honor and to a certain degree on the person's reputation as
an archer. If you are in the quarter or semi-finals at Royal Huntsman
tournaments, you probably won't be shooting as a Bowman or under. This is a
huge event and is open to youth level archers, as well. Last year we had
nearly 50 competitors for this tournament.

Also on Saturday will be the Period Equipment only shoot. This will be
starting as close to 2:30 as we can manage it. For this shoot, all equipment
must be period style. For crossbows, this means no aluminum or fiberglass
prods. For bows, a certain amount of fiberglass will be allowed so long as
it does not plasticize the bow. Documentation of equipment is desired but
not required. For more information on this shoot, check with HL Jaque the
Spink.

Sunday will have the Children's Shoot starting at 8 sharp. This shoot must
be completed before morning court so we need to get this going in a timely
manner. Last year we had kids dragging in to shoot as we were getting ready
to head to court. Sorry folks, not this year. No new entrants will be
accepted after we start shooting.

Steppes Archer starts 1 hour after court concludes. Sign ups will take place
in that hour between Court and starting. This is a championship shoot and
requires the winner to fullfill the requirements of the position of Steppes
Archer including standing up in Baronial Courts at Steppes events. It may
also require other duties at the discretion of Their Excellencies. This is
not an event for children, nor for novice archers. Last year I had a mother
who wanted to enter her teenage (under 16) son in the contest for his first
competition....no! That's what the Bowman's Tournament is for.

Crossbowmen will be required to shoot while standing for all events, and a
parent or guardian must be on the range when minors shoot.

For the first time, we will be awarding the Silver Arrow of the Steppes.
This award will be voted on by the archers and marshals participating and
serving on the range for the Bowman's, Period Equipment, and Steppes Archer
competitions. These same archers and marshals are eligible for the award.
They will be voting on the person who most demonstrates, or has impressed
them with their chivalric behavior on the field...Honor, loyalty, courage,
grace, courtesy, and humility, these are what we will be looking for.

If you have any questions, please contact myself (sueorintxathotmail.com)or
my deputy HL Jaque the Spink at (jspinksatix.netcom.com) please substitute
the @ for the 'at' within the addresses to get them to work properly. For
information on other aspects of the event and information on hotels, etc.
please go to: http://www.steppes.org/warlord/

We look forward to having you join us for this most memorable event.

Yours in service to the Barony of the Steppes, Ansteorra, and the Dream,

Lady Lyneya de Grey
Baronial Archery Marshal