[Ansteorra-archery] Other fun stuff

Harry Bilings humble_archer at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:40:09 PDT 2005

I have not read the "rules" lately but I doubt that you can change "bow/crossbows" in the middle of a round. I know that I would not allow it.
plachoya
humble archer
Ravens Fort Ansteorra

  Just tested a fiberglass composite prod that i made..... Has 13" powerstroke with a 3" brace. 16 total inches from back of prod to teeth.

  Wanna talk about some SPEED coming off the tiller.... MAN!!!!!!! blows my 121lb competition bow out of the water.

  Is pulling 130# at 13" draw, 3" brace and is 30" tip to tip.... 1690 in/lbs. Whats better is i have put a modern trigger system into the medieval stock complete with safety and auto catch teeth. No resetting the roller. This order was extremely weird, but the guy said trust him... i can see why.... This is one going out east heheh. It shoots flat and i mean FLAT out past 40 yards.

  Makes me wonder what would happen if while shooting an open round royal in speed round a 50lb pull at 13" draw 3" brace -  using light bolts made for speed and flat shooting would do.... Cocking it one handed with the auto reset catch in it would be a dream. Building another trigger system to try that one out. As far as i can see there is no rules to changing bows mid royal round - one bow for flat out accuracy and range and another for pure speed. To fun.....

  Ulrich