[Ansteorra-archery] Archery Champions

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Jul 3 09:31:04 PDT 2005

Fergus,

As far as I am concerned Gates Edge have never been disappointed to have
you has our Archery Champion.  You have always acted honorably, every
time I have seen you the Gates Edge Archery Champions banner has proudly
been on display,  you made sure that you contacted us long in advance of
our next championship to offer your services and to see how you could
help.  I dont think that we have ever asked anything of you that you did
not provide.  Of course as a Shire Champion you do not have a Baron and
Baroness to serve so it is a little different than a baronial championship.

I would never be a person to advocate that the titled champions only be
chosen from the local populace.  But each person seeking to be a titled
champion should make sure that they can do what will be asked of him.
If they can not fulfill those duties because they think they live too
far away then that is something they need to consider but someone may
live far away and still be able to discharge the duties quite well.

I dont think we need to have some separate category of  "Local
Champion".  There is simply a difference in someone who holds the office
of Champion for a branch or a Noble  and someone who is a tournament winner.

We can have lots of tournaments with prizes, and trophies, and scrolls
that do not need to have branch championships associated with them.  You
dont have to limit yourself to one tournament a day.  Most (not all)
events have time to run two tournaments in a single day.   We always TRY
to have a separate prize or fun shoot at our events that is not for
title of Shire Champion.  We plan on trying to do that again this year.

We want everyone to come and have a good time.  We want everyone to
shoot as much as we can.  We want everyone to have the opportunity to be
a tournament winner and we want to again choose a champion that will
represent the Shire well.

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa