[Ansteorra-archery] Re: [Bowyerthon!

Terry Varner tdv250 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 5 10:45:00 PDT 2005

I agree completely, this from someone who had never done more than make a few rough looking practice arrows, and now I am wll on my way to 72 inch hickory long bow, just have to bring the poundage down a little, started around 65 pounds now down to 50 pounds and still scraping and checking tiller. If you do this again next year I will recomend this class to everyone. Well back to scraping on my bow. Thanks again.

jspinks at ix.netcom.com wrote:I want to thank you for a most positive experience in bowmaking. I sorrow for those that were not there yesterday. They missed a most excellend experience in bowmaking not to mention Gilli's cooking. Your class has given me the confidence I was lacking concerning the tillering and I am already busy building my first tillering stand already. Expert I am not but now I will be trying a number of things out this summer including recurve building. I will let you know how that works out.

I hope that you will find time in the future to offer classes on the various aspects of bowmaking in different parts of the kingdom. If I can, I will most definitely attend and would commend such classes to anyone wishing to become more familiar with bowmaking. You can never know enough and your knowledge is a most valuable resouce.

Just waiting to shoot my new bow
Arcus Jaque the Spink