[Ansteorra-archery] My first board bow

David Ruff davidsbox01 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 14:31:08 PDT 2005

Cut one out and rough shaped it... strung it to see if it would hold.... BOOM......

Cut another and it made it thru its first pulls. It is in its final stages now.

It is 5 foot 6 inches long and pulls about 28lbs at 28". I still need to back it with linen or fiberglass so im sure it will pick afew pounds up on that, but pulls clean with no hint of complianing to 29"...  It is red oak and the handle and tips are black walnut. It fires out to 40 yards with some raise and over all is kinda fun......

Who knew a crossbowman would make a bow - fun stuff heheheheh. Will post some pics of in on my site later today...

Ulrich